How long must I wait for the things I want to come to me? How long should I wait?
There are various ways to ask this question, but the general underlying message is this, “why am I not getting what I want and how can I change that?”.
I do not make predictions or pronouncements about how or when you will get your mock-ups, which is another way of saying, your dreams and wishes. However, I can offer some help and direction.
1. Commitment: It is true that persistently following your dreams can help you achieve them. Like the old saying goes, “I became an overnight sensation after 20 years of hard work!”, it often takes that kind of commitment. It is useful to be conscious of what it is you are committing to; just what are your goals? What do you want to achieve? How does it look when you have this thing you want?
However, there is also the other old saying that says, “Insanity can be defined as doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results”. If this is you, perhaps you have gotten stuck in a rut. It may be time to look at doing things a bit differently.
2. Dream Big: Have you been selling yourself short? Perhaps this is why you haven’t been able to achieve Big things. Perhaps your view of yourself is skewed. Maybe you (mistakenly) believe you can only be or have this much, when that is simply not true. Or, when you think of how your life can be if you achieve your goals, you feel guilty about it. You don’t think you deserve it. You hold yourself back for others, afraid to hurt their feelings or show anyone up. Maybe you’ve been afraid to compete with someone.
I’ve got news for you: you will not get what it is you want if you persist in this behavior.
By beginning to see yourself clearly, you can create your dream life. You can create a miracle for yourself, anytime, simply by deciding to do so. It is not up to anyone else. If you are waiting for permission from others, you may be disappointed. It is entirely up to you.
3. Practice Grounding: Grounding is a way to connect your body to the earth, so that you can make your body safe and comfortable, and release other energies you’ve taken on. Grounding is all about manifesting. Grounding makes things real.
If all of your dreams seem to float away, and it’s been difficult to make them real, practicing grounding daily will help you to change all of that. It is a miracle to be able to ground, and far more healing than you might imagine until you try it. It also feels good!
4. Release Invalidation: Do you have invalidating thoughts and energies getting in the way of you being able to achieve your aims? When you begin to ground, you can also now begin to release the negativity and resistance you may be handling regarding your own dreams and goals. Sometimes that is just the highest mountain to climb over: Invalidation. Or, what can also happen is that you achieve your goal, and still feel invalidated. ‘Not fair, I shouldn’t still feel wrong!’, you might protest. Again, the power is in your own hands to decide to release any energies that hurt you. Invalidation in your space is nothing more than a lie getting in your way.
5. Is your dream really yours?: Check and see, is it? Or is it something you think you should want, because someone else wants it for you. Time to be honest with yourself.
Also, are you in present time with your own dream? Is it your truth, right now in your life?
Are you trying to live up to a family ideal or expectation? Maybe it’s not yours.
6. Being instead of Doing: We are all used to demands that we “look busy”, as if that is the only real way to create anything. Try this on for size: before you ever manifest anything in the body, you have already created it on an energy level, or spiritually. So it would make sense that the more you consciously work on creating from your own energy, or spirit, the more you might manifest, right? I have found this to be true for myself, and have seen others achieve great ends with this as well.
Meditate. Spend time getting to know and listen to yourself. This way you can catch those bits of wisdom that only you can have or know about your particular questions. Sit still and go within. Don’t try too hard, and don’t expect to “achieve” anything. Simply be with yourself, listen to your body. You will learn valuable things about yourself this way. You can more easily achieve your aims with this information.