We all need others to communicate with, listen to, and be heard by. Having soul mates, companions, and true friends, makes all the difference in the quality of life. When someone sees you and says hello to you, to who you already are, healing happens.
A life lived with nothing but shallow relationships can be just as painful as one lived alone. To never be seen for who one truly is, is terribly painful.
So, how do you go about healing? How do you get others to get you? How do you find your true friends, your soul mates, the people you don’t need to be in effort around? You might want to begin by asking yourself a few important questions:
- Be yourself: First of all, are you allowed to be who you are in your current relationships, or do you feel you have to constantly adjust yourself for others, so as not to be rejected? This includes you being able to trust that others will see you and accept you for who you are. And if they can’t, that’s their problem, not yours.
- Stop hiding: Are you so busy hiding that you’ve forgotten it takes a certain amount of trust to be seen and make friends? Are you hiding from yourself too?
- Feeling safe: Are you safe enough with your friends and family to share your fears, secrets, losses, and most important of all, wins – without being ridiculed, ignored, judged, punished, or talked down to?
- Make time: Have you been so busy that you haven’t had time for friends?
- Have your space: Do you have enough space for yourself? Meaning, do you know where your space ends and another’s space begin? If you have an awareness of your own energy and your own space, you’re in a much better position to create healing communication within yourself. It is easier to do so if you know where you are.
Healing yourself with communication begins with you. If you are looking for a way to begin, try meditation. Meditation is a way to communicate within yourself, with your body, spirit, desires, truths. Meditation also allows you to communicate with the earth in a conscious way. Communication with the earth is healing for you on every level. You are from this earth.
Once you begin the process of getting clearer within yourself about who you are and what you want, you will stop looking for it in people, places, and things that cannot provide it for you.
©Kris Cahill 2007-2012