1. Gratitude ~ This is a powerhouse energy, in and of itself. When you adopt this one as your daily companion, it’s difficult for you to be shut down. Finding gratitude for what you have, who you know, and who you are, including gratitude for your body – can help you to see the bigger picture and greater possibilities. See it, and it can become yours.
2. Forgiveness ~ Much like gratitude, forgiveness is a powerful energy, the super anti-oxidant of energies. Just as a powerful anti-oxidant will knock bad cells out of your body and keep you healthy, forgiveness can help you knock out dark heavy unhappy energies from your spirit. When you forgive someone for anything, you take your own power back. You cease being a victim. When you forgive yourself, you no longer hold yourself back from your own life. For a beautiful example of true life forgiveness, see the documentary, ‘Forgiving Dr. Mengele’.
3. Permission ~ Permission to do or become, all begins within you. If you’ve been waiting for permission to come to you from someone else, stop waiting. All that waiting will only have you collecting dust. Meanwhile, those around you who have decided to seize permission for themselves are living their lives the way they see fit. There is no blueprint; you are making it up as you go along on your journey. If you are following a script that says to wait for someone to tell you it’s time to spring into action, you are being controlled. It’s time to burn that old script and write your own.
4. Amusement ~ Another super powerhouse of an energy, amusement is one of the highest spiritual energies you can have within yourself. When in amusement, you will allow other difficult energies to simply melt away. They won’t bother you. It’s easier to see clearly, to not take it all personally, to release the chains that bind you, spiritually. It’s difficult to be controlled or lied to, when you’re amused.
5. Self Love ~ When you decide that you are already great, just as you are; when you decide you are worthy of love just because you exist; when you accept yourself, flaws and all – that is when you have found love for yourself. Life is so much easier, even the difficult parts, when you can have this for yourself. You won’t have to create situations in which you try to prove yourself worthy of love, because you won’t need to prove it if you already know it, within.
6. Being in the present ~ Everything is happening now, in this moment. You can’t do what you want yesterday, and tomorrow isn’t here yet. You are creating tomorrow, right now in this moment, with every choice and attitude you take and make. Present time is always where your body is, and if you want to find present time for yourself, find your body. Present time is a miracle. This is where you learn, create, grow, choose, change, and actually live.
7. Letting Go ~ This is necessary in order to create space enough to create anything new. If you’ve been holding onto everything and have a difficult time with this one, you already know how hard it can be to release ties to the past – to people, jobs, and especially old self images. Letting go is another powerhouse of an energy. Becoming conscious about what you’ve been holding onto is healing for you. You may find that what you thought you needed to hold onto, is actually holding you back from your next steps, and from your life as you’d like it to be.
8. Truth ~ Make it your habit and your goal to be in your truth. Speak the truth as you know it to be, and live it too. Notice which people and situations help you to be in your truth, and which ones take you away from it. Notice the energy of honest people, and how you feel being around them. Keep a journal in which you only write the truth to yourself, and write down things that you honestly want and feel. Write down where you’ve not been as truthful as you’d like to be, and forgive yourself for it. Being honest requires strength, and we are all encouraged to lie rather than confront others with our truth, and run the risk of hurting their feelings or making them uncomfortable. Social niceties have made liars of us all, when we’ve allowed them to.
9. Happiness ~ It is truly amusing that people even debate whether happiness is possible, or practical, or desirable, or deserved, etc. Happiness is an energy, and a choice. It is possible to decide to have a happy attitude. Happiness isn’t a perfect energy, though you can find yourself perfectly happy some days, and why not? Happiness is also a present time energy. It is interesting that the pursuit of happiness is in the United States Constitution as one of our rights. Do you also have it as one of your own personal rights? What if you were to write your own Spiritual Constitution, complete with your own Bill of Rights? Do you have the right to be happy?
10. Your own energy ~ This is the best energy to heal yourself with. It’s the best energy you can have within you. It’s the energy that was made for you, and it’s unique in all of creation. Your own energy is not flawed, but sometimes you might take on other energies that get in the way of yours. The way to begin to have more of your own energy within you, is to get to know yourself – to love, accept, forgive, and be honest about what you want and who you are. Meditation is one thing that can help you with this. Everything else on this list can also help you to find your own energy. Wanting to know and have your own energy is the first step towards doing it.