Why not take it a step further, and get to the core of where many of those toxins come from in the first place? Hint: it’s all energy!
When you give yourself an energy detox, you also detox physically. Everything begins with energy, and you are made of energy, body and spirit. Taking on energies that are toxic for you, such as stress, invalidation, anxiety, pain – will create an imbalance inside of you. This affects your body’s health, not to mention your overall sense of happiness and wellness, as well as your ability to create.
Each of us needs energy in order to live, be healthy, and create our lives to be how we want them to be.
If you find yourself feeling ‘full’ after being around particularly stressful people or situations, and if the energy you’ve taken on feels toxic to you, it’s not your own energy. This is like eating a meal that disagrees with you; rather than create a pleasant sense of well being within you, it may cause indigestion. If you’ve taken on energy that doesn’t agree with you, it’s not your energy to begin with. You can’t use it to create with, because it’s not yours. What’s more, it can get in the way of you enjoying the truth of your own energy.
It benefits you to become aware of which energies are yours, and which are not. This is consciousness.
Your own energy is the very best energy you could possibly run yourself on. You’d never fill an expensive sports car with the wrong grade of fuel, one that’s too heavy for the car. It wouldn’t run well, if at all. But you may have tried to run your body on energies that make it, and you, feel sluggish, tired, unhappy, invalidated, or in pain. None of those energies I just mentioned are your true vibration, by the way. If you’ve been giving your energy away all of your life, or taking on denser energies that aren’t you, you may begin to feel like there is something wrong with your energy.
Many people believe that losing their energy as they get older is a natural part of aging. They expect to have the same physical ailments that their parents did, and point to genetics as being predetermined and a given. Meanwhile, they have forgotten what it feels like to run on their own energy. They may be running on a toxic blend of stress-pain-invalidation, backed up by pain killers to dull the roar within.
It doesn’t have to be this way! You can quickly and very easily begin to heal yourself deeply, by taking care of your energy in a more conscious way.
Here are some suggestions for your Spring Energy Detox:
1. Rest, especially if you never do. Listen to your body and give it enough sleep, as well as quality time off.
2. Forgive. Let go of those toxic grudges, that sickening anger, or any exhausting energies you’ve held onto while also holding onto how someone hurt or wronged you.
3. Learn to ground yourself and begin to release energies you’ve taken on that are not you.
4. Meditate daily. Turn off your phone and other distractions, give yourself some quiet time and space so that you can go within and begin getting to better know the most important person in your life – you.
5. Say nice things to yourself and to your body. If you’ve had a tape loop of negative self criticism running through you, get rid of it.
6. Listen to your intuition. Follow it, and validate yourself when your intuition is right.
7. Get rid of mean people. Why waste energy on abusive, negative, and punishing people? If you do this, others around you will also find the courage to do the same thing. When negativity no longer has an audience, it goes away.
8. Let go of what you can’t solve. Just drop it. If you’ve been unable to solve a problem, it may not be yours to begin with.
9. Stop being responsible for everyone else, except for yourself. If you are busily running around saving the world, but forgot about you, you may be avoiding doing your own work.
10. Be in present time. Everything happens now, and now is the only time you can change, choose, create, and be in your body. It’s a miracle to be in the present time!
This week’s Sunday Meditation Teleseminar is ‘Peace From the Inside Out’, Sunday, April 1, 2012, from 10-11am PT. This is a teleseminar, entirely by phone. Join me for this live guided meditation here.